Sunday, August 27, 2017

The Days Ahead




I know a couple of ladies that started college and I made them each this card.


(stamp: Verve Forever in Our Hearts  dies: My Favorite Things Stitched Square/Wonky Stitched Circle/Tree-mendous,Avery Elle Double Stitched Rectangles)



Cacti are special to these young women
(long story but I'm glad succulents are IN right now...it makes creating for them easier).

 The sentiment, taken from a Verve sympathy set,
 isn't your typical send-off-to-college greeting.

However, the last time I spoke with them, they were pretty freaked out about this milestone.

 I hope this brings comfort and reminds them:
one. day. at. a. time.

No matter what, they are loved and we're still here for them!!!


 My colors were taken from the following photo...



http://justusgirlschallenge.blogspot.com/2017/08/just-us-girls-408-photo-week.html


 I love summer themes...esp flamingos, pineapples and ALOHAAAA.

However, I couldn't get a gold tree trunk out of my head
 (plus I was trying to work in the cacti pp)...

so this happened. 

That should be my bumper sticker...

so this happened


😄



Thanks for stopping by, friends~
 



 

2 comments:

Maria said...

Cute card. Great take on using the colors! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week.

Darnell said...

You've made a beautiful heartfelt and loving card for the girls, Marlena! Sometimes, like now, what happens is a perfect card for the situation!! Thank you for playing at Just Us Girls! Hugs, Darnell