Saturday, June 4, 2016

Gold Within the Rainbow



I don't often have a clear vision of how I want a card to go.

That's the fun of creating~there's magic in the process itself.

This card, however, was one in which I had specific details I wanted to master.

 First of all, gold "dipping" with washi on a trendy rainbow and a sentiment to match.



(dies:Papertrey Ink SAF 2014-1980's Kit  other:Scotch Glitter Tape,silver washi,confetti)



To achieve my dipped rainbow, I slapped down a strip of glitter tape on two colors I wanted to work with.

I die cut my rainbow and pieced together the opposing colors.

I purposely staggered the bows so that the edges had interest against the silver clouds (achieved with two rows of silver washi die cut).

Since I didn't have a sentiment to match, I typed my own on Word.

 
(glitter tape & shiny confetti)



Thanks for stopping by today!






3 comments:

Brenda said...

Wow, I love this card Marlena! The rainbow is so cool looking, I love the gold "dipping" and I love that you staggered the ends of the rainbow. It really gives nice interest to the rainbow. Love that you made your own sentiment with the computer too. Hugs, Brenda

Zw@@n said...

Stunning card, Marlena. I love how you did the rainbow. Thank you for joining us at CAS on Sunday. Luv, Wilma

Leigh Penner said...

What a fabulous idea to gold dip your rainbow! This is so fun!