Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Papertrey May Blog Hop Challenge





Yay for Wednesday and halfway through the week!


Yay for Papertrey's May Blog Hop!


I'm glad I didn't miss it this month, I am so disappointed when I do!



I created a wedding card today~



(stamps:Movers & Shakers sentiment set  dies:Papertrey Ink Songbirds/Movers & Shakers:Spinners die for stenciling,My Favorite Things Horizontal Stitched Strips)





These birds were cut from a rainbow I previously stenciled, based on Lizzie's tutorial for Make It Monday #248.

 I didn't throw it away, but kept it for a rainy day.

I'm so glad I did, because when I saw Nichole's  inspiration, the rainbow of colors drew my eye to that scrap rainbow panel sitting on my desk.

The fact that my rainbow looked like popsicle sticks, didn't escape me either. :)

To add the greeting,
I masked "rainbows" off of a larger sentiment in Movers & Shakers, and paired it with a grey cursive font which is in the same set.

This mimicks the font of the inspiration photo. 





http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/2016/05/may-2016-blog-hop.html





Here's a card I finished from that rainbow panel of "popsicle sticks"

 (nothing goes to waste here guys)~





(stamp:Papertrey Ink Bitty Baby Blessings  dies:Papertrey Ink Songbirds/Movers & Shakers:Spinners die for stenciling/Herringbone Impression Plate   paper:Papertrey Ink Simply Chartreuse Cardstock)




I textured a white panel behind the open birds with the Herringbone Impression Plate.

As for the "wedding" sentiment, it's from Bitty Baby Blessings.
 

Thanks for hopping by to say hi~


16 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, these are both so sweet! Great takes on the inspiration photo!

Greta said...

Wow--so creative, Marlena! 2 wonderful cards!

Karen B. said...

Ooh these are pretty!

Inkyfingers said...

Oh my - I don't know which card I like best! You have such a good eye Marlena and you really rocked this challenge.

Darnell said...

Well done not wasting anything, Marlena! Your rainbow Popsicle stick love birds for a wedding card ~ with that sediment ~ is simply genius!! Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

Julia Aston said...

Two beautiful designs with rainbow colors!

Connie MacFarlane said...

Beautiful cards Marlena and great takes on the inspiration photo.

Sadie said...

Great idea thrifting all your pieces! I like to do that too. Great cards! Love the bright colors. Those birds have got a bit of a parrot appearance. Awesome!!

Kathy Mc said...

Oh my, Marlena, you really rocked it with that rainbow of popsicle sticks! Both cards are adorable.

cards by cara said...

What a fun take on the challenge!

Sherrie M. said...

Great that you used both negative and positives of the birds! Fabulous cards. Your striped birds remind me of the Partridge Family.

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the rainbow love birds!

Marybeth said...

Wow, Marlena your card is awesome! Such a neat CAS design!

bjmartin said...

Love your rainbow birds - so sweet!

Gina said...

How fortuitous to have that rainbow paper sitting on your craft table. It made a great card!!! :)

Patti said...

Great cards!! wow!! what sweet and creative designs friend!!

Patti