Monday, November 30, 2015

Splattered Bird


My card is a marriage between last week's Make It Monday and this week's


hosted by Danielle Flanders


I needed a simple backdrop for my completed tag and went the route that Danielle's video instructed.


My glimmer mist is a spray bottle I can't control, but this technique was perfect when I used a tapped brush.



(stamp: Papertrey Ink Songbirds  die: Spellbinders Large Labels  other:American Crafts silver washi,American Crafts ribbon,Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist Pink Bubblegum)



 I attached silver washi tape to the edge of the cut tag and reran it through the Big Shot for a dipped look.


I believe it adds just the right amount of shine.


I'm also submitting this to 



http://alwaysplayingwithpaper.blogspot.ca/2015/11/the-challenge-53-make-non-traditional.html



I appreciate your visit!




10 comments:

Birgit said...

Simply as sweet as can be!

Linda said...

Very sweet.

Marcia Hill said...

Love your silver dipped tag (great way to use washi tape!!) with the splattering all around it...cute, cute!! :0)

Geri said...

What a CLEVER, CLEVER idea! I was sure that the bottom bit of 'silver' was dipped! It definitely adds THE perfect amount of glitz. A+ on the splatters (happy to know that I'm not the only one with a out-of-control spray bottle! Love the nice pop of pink too (awesome photo - the pink DP is a nice prop).

Thanks for sharing your sweet card and valuable tips with us at 'the challenge' :)

maria f. said...

Love your jaunty angles!

Jeni Jenne said...

Oh that lovely Songbird appears again;) Love that stamp set. Great use of non-traditional Christmas colors.

Helen F. said...

Oh how sweet, Marlena! Love the sweet Song Bird :-)

Nance said...

Super adorable card! Thanks for playing The Challenge!

Kathy Mc said...

Clever idea to add washi to the tag vs. embossing for texture. Cute tag with the Songbird, Marlena!

Anita said...

Love this CAS design! Thanks for joining us at The Challenge this week.