Monday, January 19, 2015

Another Throwdown and A Phone App Watermark



I was inspired to make another masculine card...


YAYYY for my obsessiveness at times. ;)




This is for my dad....who is a fantastic road trip companion!

Oh the stories he's shared when we've driven to wherever within 7 hours of my place.

I've learned lots of interesting facts about my family, things we didn't have time to discuss when I was living in Hawaii.

One interesting fact...my grandmother's maiden name wasn't her true maiden name, because her Portuguese ancestor was given the name of the man in front of him.

The Hawaii official couldn't understand his thick accent, so he gave him the previous one mentioned.
 
Not only that...he was SUPPOSED to go to California but was so seasick, he disembarked in Hawaii.

He sure sounds like someone I'D be related to!

hee! ;)

 Anyhoo...apparently the story of my life precedes my life. ;)



This challenge is awesome...


This one is awesome too...

I thought the colors from the Color Throwdown could work a manly card.



http://colorthrowdown.blogspot.com/2015/01/color-throwdown-325.html


I want to share in this post how I use a phone app to create my own watermark, if that's ok.


If you already have one and don't need this...thanks for stopping by, friend.


I LOVED an editing program on my old computer that I used for EVERYTHING, but I don't have the updated (if there is one) version for my new computer.


So, like most crafters...I (got creative) and found another way to
 DIY my watermark with this phone app.







Here we go....

I emailed myself the pic (so I could open it on my phone) and pulled it up in PicLab HD
 (you have to download it from the App Store; I paid a few dollars).



I clicked on "Edit Text"...




 For the first line, I typed my name




 and picked a font...



then I added a shadow.


I typed my website out and gave it a different font.


On both lines, I slid the lever to the left to make them transparent so they wouldn't cover up my card.




 I then positioned both lines in place and saved "the new card" in my gallery and emailed it back to myself.

There are probably less steps ...I tend to take the scenic route on just about everything. ;)


I don't know if this helps you or not, but thanks for stopping by and saying hi.





 stamp: Tim Holtz Clear Stamps Here and There
ink: Versafine Onyx
paper: Georgia Pacific white,Echo Park (Capture Life,Here&Now),Cosmo Cricket 2wenty-thr3e
dies: MFT Die-namics (Skyline, Sentiment Strips)





3 comments:

Tammy Hershberger said...

Awesome design, Marlena... that car image is fantastic! Thanks for joining us again for the Throwdown!

Joan Ervin said...

This is a wonderful masculine card, Marlena....I love the car and the cityscape in the background...such an awesome desing!!!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!!!!!

Melissa Bove said...

Fabulous card! Such a wonderful design!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa