Friday, February 7, 2014

Another Thrilling Creation



Timed challenges are about all the excitement my nerves can handle.


I could NEVER be on one of those game shows that require racing the clock.


I can't even imagine the look on my face as the time dwindled down to under 20 seconds.


YIKES!!!


I took a scrap left over from the previous post and created another card for the




In under 7 minutes I gathered:


3 papers (one patterned, one patterned scrap, 1cardbase)
2 stamps
Versamark Ink
Embossing Powder




Up to the last second of 17 minutes, I finished this card.


I even felt ambitious enough to heat emboss!


After failed proper inking and much trimming and rearranging...I finally have a finished card.


It wasn't what I started out with...but I really like it in the end.


If you feel brave enough, give it a go! ;)


stamp: Papertrey Ink Meadow Greens
paper:Georgia Pacific White,Studio Calico Snippets
ink: Papertrey Ink True Black




3 comments:

Helen F. said...

Love your card, Marlena!
I am NEVER clearing off my desk agin, this 17 minute card-making is the bomb :o)

maria f. said...

Ha. No kidding, time pressure = mega pressure. I rarely made Paulina's, at least not without high blood pressure. I did make a really easy masculine card with PTI this a.m. and I think the trick was having colors AND a sketch to go with.
Your card is great. Like one of those really-tough-to-stamp-all-properly-lined-up-taking-forever kinda cards!

cm said...

Way to go on this round, too, Marlena! I think you're working well with the pressure+adrenalin rush! Seventeen minutes is impressive, especially when the results are soooo eye-catching (and heat embossing added to the mix? WOWSERS!). I'm enjoying what you're creating; alas, I cannot play as PTI products don't reside in my house. One of these days, thought...one of these days (maybe I'll win a give-away...such a dreamer I am!) Hugs~c