Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Passion Changes Everything



I have to be passionate~






it affects the way I craft and learn~


If I'm not feeling it...it isn't happening!


I mean, something might get created...but it won't be the same.



Simon Monday Challenge:Anything Goes



I don't feel that way about my "usual stuff"...cooking,cleaning, chauffeuring...


those need to get done no matter how I feel about it.
 
 
I'll try my best, but I don't think passion is the word I would use to describe how I feel during my "have to" work. ;) 
 
 
I'm more passionate about the people I am doing them for...I guess that counts!




stamp: Unity Passion Changes Everything Donna Downey
die:  Lori Whitlock Bird on Branch (Silhouette Cameo)
paper: BoBunny Zip-A-Dee-Doodle,Echo Park Reflections Lori Whitlock
other: Recollections embossing powders (Sapphire Pearl,Glacier Opaque)
ink: Versamark,Memento Bahama Blue 






7 comments:

Annette Allen said...

wow this is amazing..

Joni Andaya said...

Aww.. this is so PRETTY Marlena!

Tracey McNeely said...

Marlena this is gorgeous, the metallic is amazing. Happy New Year!

Jen W. said...

Some days I am just "not feeling it" in the card department which is so frustrating but I have to force myself to walk away and give it a break or I'll drive myself nuts.

I love the shine on the sentiment and that sweet birdie die cut!

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

This project is wonderful! I love how the sentiment just pops off the page. So clever to use a text background and then accentuate it with the great chevrons and bird die-cut. I also really enjoyed your write-up and think you hit the nail on the head: life can get monotonous, but it's our love for those around us that make the boring stretches worth it. And you are right: passion is everything when it comes to the creative world! Thank you for your beautiful project and thought-provoking words. I'm so glad that you shared this with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog!

cm said...

Passion - I need to rekindle mine. I'm feeling too much 'obligation' (even in card-making...self-induced!), and that just depletes joy and motivation. I need to revisit my 'why I craft' and 'for whom' I craft reasons, and I know I'll find my passion there. Crafting for 'challenges' or to win something shouldn't be my sole purpose...but sometimes I forget that...and then my cards are icky. When I create with someone special in mind, the dynamic changes; my cards 'work'. They make me happy. I think I'm tired of *meh* - I want to make *marvelous*. See, again, you're sparked reflection, direction, connection...Fabulous card; fabulous inspiration!!
c

Leigh Penner said...

This is so cool, Marlena! I love it!