Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Up, Up and AWAY




I finally got Verve's balloon set I've been eyeing....





I have no desire whatsoever to ride one...but I love the design of them.



The green shadow was inked on the backside of the stamp.


This technique works well with almost any symmetrical design, because it doesn't matter if you flip it.


I was totally inspired by





I tried using teal zeal for the shadows, but it was too dark.


I love the pops of color on a neutral, busy background.



I also went with the cue card at






I'm glad I could squeeze some craft/posting time in between spring cleanings.


Speaking of...I think I know why we want to spring clean.


The sun shines in and you see all the dust in the nook and crannies!




stamps: Verve Up Up and Away
paper: Studio Calico Abroad,Recollections kraft
ink: Papertrey Ink New Leaf,Memento Ink Morocco and Rich Cocoa,Versamark
other:Fiskars fringe scissors,Recollections Carnelian embossing powder




9 comments:

Ardyth said...

Great take on your inspiration photo and a really neat idea to use the back of the stamps as a shadow. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

Tracey McNeely said...

Marlena I really like that balloon set, what fantastic images and sentiment. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at CASology!

cm said...

Hi Marlena, I'm glad you took some time away from spring cleaning, too, especially since it resulted in this fantastic card, perfect for the challenges you've entered. You've showcased the Verve Stamps wonderfully (and I'm with you - a balloon admirer, not a passenger!). You've reminded me that I have Verve stamps and dies at home (all amazing!), that need to be invited to play more often. Thank you for sharing your card, and also for commenting on my blog; your kind words really 'lift' my spirit!! And yes, I encourage everyone to visit Bend! Beautiful, quaint and charming!! Enjoy your Tuesday, and consider carrying on with making cards; the cleaning will wait 'til you're done :)

Laurel said...

Such a pretty card, and great take on the challenges! Thanks for playing at Inspired By.

Kelly Griglione said...

The New Leaf ink goes so well with the rust and kraft colors! Love your trick to ink the back of your stamp. I keep telling myself I need to try that soon!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Lovely card, love the shadowing and use of papers!!!

Maureen Merritt said...

I love that technique, though I've never tried it! Thanks for the inspiration and for playing along at CASology this week!

Melissa said...

What a great set and stamping technique! Love the red/green and neutrals together! Like you, I love to see hot air balloons, but have absolutely NO desire whatsoever to ride in one! :)
Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!

Jen W. said...

Love the way you shadow stamped the balloons and the background paper you used is perfect! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!