Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Praying for You & Me




It's one of those days~


yuck.


No reason....


just yuck.


My grandma would call me on days like this...when the Lord laid on her heart that I needed encouragement and prayer.


That was really special...and it was when long distance calls actually COST YOU SOMETHING.


May I be used by God to do the same!










I am intrigued by bold, graphic patterns mingled with soft florals...I am seeing that more and more~there is something so....


relevant about that.


Harsh realities softened by bits of loveliness and hope.


I am also inspired by the

CASE Study Challenge #128

based on a pretty card by Teri Anderson.


I like the blues and yellows she combined, and the patterned background which adds interest.


Also, she included lots of fun embellishments...I've only included a few...but it's more than I usually pile on a card.


I'm patting my shoulder...I'm proud of using up these beautiful die pieces.



Ok, now I am less yuck...a bit of creating and prayer can really lift my mood!!!



Hoping you have a "non-yuck" day also~ ;)


stamps: Verve Wonderfully Made,Mama Elephant Trifecta 
paper: Georgia Pacific white,Bazzill yellow and blue
dies: Spellbinders Label 25 and Large Labels 
ink: Papertrey Ink True BLack
other: Pink Paislee (Daily Junque Ephemera Pack),waxed ribbon












11 comments:

cm said...

Marlena: I 'hear' you about *yuck* days! Yet, despite feeling down, you arrived at such a stunning insight when you noted the "Harsh realities softened by bits of loveliness and hope." And then you made your card - a piece of loveliness indeed! Your interpretation of Teri's sketch is unique and inspiring! Thank you for sharing your card and your 'human-ness' with us! May the yuck be lifted and joy fill its place!
carol

Teneale Williams said...

Your card is just wonderful and I adore the greeting. I hope your *yuck* day disappears shortly.

cm said...

Good Morning, Marlena - a quick note to thank you for your heart-warming comment on my Grammy-Super Baba card! Your faith that they'll be touched by my little 'cobbling together' of hearts, flowers and butterflies has brightened my day! Encouraging, supporting, reaching out to others - you're definitely following God's plan for you! Your blog - with its unique combination of simplicity, beauty and insight - is engaging. I will return...often! The Declarations are hilarious; all the more so because they're true! Have a joyful day...very joyful..

maria f. said...

I was happy to see at the end of the post that some of the yuck had gone away :) Your card (I agree it's more than you usually pile on) is so perfect for the challenge. You're right about that mix in the fashion - realities with a splash of hope.

Pamela said...

I love your splashes of color on the card! The flowers are perfect for the photo!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This card is pefect, sweet and gorgeous...Love it!!!
I hope the "yucks" would go away soon!

Angi Barrs said...

Sooo super sweet and thoughtful!

Maureen said...

what a gorgeous card inspired by some beautiful thoughts. LOVE the Verve sentiment and those lovely flowers :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

Aw, so glad I popped by, Marlena. Sorry you had a yuck day. We can be Yuck Buddies. I'm having a 'phase' of yuck. :(

LOVE how you interpreted the RIC! Really cool elements put together. And I loved reading your post. You are always uplifting here on your blog, my friend.

Have a blessed day!

Nina Yang said...

So pretty Marlena!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

I love the embellishments and waxed ribbon you included on your card, Marlena! Thanks for joining us on the Runway! :)