Sunday, January 20, 2013

A Long Birthday Card




I LOVE creating long cards (the larger canvas, perhaps?)


~so I made another.








Truth be told, I used the tag to cover up a crooked sentiment
(I was aiming for a one layer).

But, that tag needed love...I'm just glad that the ink didn't smear after I stamped the sentiment.

I didn't even "touch it" to make sure...LOL...I gave it enough time to set on the glossy tag.


That. was. SO. HARD. FOR. ME.



I'm one of those "let me see if this is still wet/hot" kind of gal...

I'm WAY TOO IMPULSIVE!!!


When I use a glue gun... I wear gloves...because I WILL BURN my fingers~I JUST KNOW I will be tempted to wipe that excess hot glue.

It's just best for me to be prepared for my shortcomings.


I learn to work around them. ;)


So, I after stamping the sentiment, I set that tag down and tried to forget about it while it dried.


Then I adhered it (after running my finger across it, of course). ;)



If you love long cards too...now's the time to create and submit to




CFC86: Create a CAS card that has one long side and one short side.
3 x 6, 4 x 8, etc. No standard A2's for this week.



I had fun JUST STAMPING AWAY for the
Make Your Own Background Paper Challenge in the Moxie Fab World.


Perfect timing too, because I just read a tutorial at Simplicity about random stamping.


I usually just "go with it"...but I tried to be more purposeful with my triangulations.



The colors at




motivated me. 



These colors are fantastic!!!



Thanks for stopping by and listening to my ramblings~




stamps: Technique Tuesday Inner Circle,Papertrey Ink Rosie Posie,Market Street Stamps Great Big Greetings
ink: Ranger Jenni Bowlin Spice Tin,Ranger Tim Holtz Mustard Seed
tag: American Crafts Bits Tags Margarita




 

12 comments:

Laurel said...

What a fun card and I love the addition of the tag! Thanks for playing at Inspired By.

Annette Allen said...

wow this is a fun card.. I love how you stamped the patterns...

~Tammy~ said...

I like your long card and the tag looks like it should have been there! :0)

Lisa Carroll said...

Beautiful card, Marlena! Genius using that tag to rescue your card.. When I stamp crooked, I usualy just start over. :/ You have inspired me to try otherwise! :)

Denise Marzec said...

Great card, Marlena...and good idea to use a tag to cover the boo-boo. I've done stuff like that, too. :)

Clare said...

What a gorgeous card and the colours are wonderful.

Jaclyn Miller said...

Beautiful! Those blues really pop on that white.

Emily Keaton said...

Totally cool, Marlena!

Kristii said...

What a beautiful card!! Love the colors and the design is fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous colours, lovely images and great work on the rescue ... wouldn't have known! Anita :)

Lisa A. said...

This is very cool and pretty, Marlena!! LOVE that it has flowers and the circles you added give it such a cool graphic feel...the colors pop too...wonderful card!! So happy you are a part of the challenges at CAS-ual Fridays:)!!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Marlena! Thanks for linking this up to the Make Your Own Background Paper Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)