Friday, December 28, 2012

~Fly High~




There is whiteness ALL AROUND my corner of the world today...gorgeous puffs of snow.


I'm sure it sunk into my consciousness while I created this card.







The inspiration challenge at







has three scenes to choose from and I picked this neutral beauty~







There's a sweet free digi there to download if you don't have their stamps to work with.


I didn't have "just the right" soft brown to use within the color scheme.


 I improvised by inking up the lovely feathers with Memento's Rich Cocoa and stamping on a scrap piece of paper before the panel.


I stamped a third time for the shadow effect on the larger feathers.



You know what I love about snow?



It's pure,clean and fresh.


Also, it's kind of funny.


It transforms the landscape into one giant playground.


I couldn't keep from smiling as I walked to the mailbox yesterday...puffs of snow kept flying from my boots.


It was like walking on cotton balls or wading through a ball pit (the fun foamy ones).



I might just take the plunge and sled through this stuff~wish me luck!



PS: If you help Fresh Squeezed Stamps get their 40 gallery uploads at Splitcoaststampers using the keyword FreshSqueezedStamps,
they will pick a random winner. Info here



This was also submitted to

Simon Says Stamp: Anything Goes





stamps: Fresh Squeezed Stamps Tickle My Fancy
ink: Memento Rich cocoa (off stamped for a lighter effect)
dies: Our Daily Bread Designs Chickadee die,Spellbinders Wonky Rectangles
paper: Georgia Pacific White cardstock




5 comments:

Lisa Carroll said...

This is beautiful! White on white, with just a hint of soft color.. perfectly executed! :) Thanks for joining us in the "Anything Goes" challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog this week! xo

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Absolutely stunning!! Love the white on white!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Monika/Buzsy said...

Lovely CAS card Marlena. That chickadee die looks awesome with the feathers.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely adore your card, Marlena! The use of Tickle My Fancy with the bird die cut is brilliant! Thank you for playing along at Fresh Squeezed Stamps! :)

Jocelyn Olson said...

Gorgeous card, Marlena! The monochromatic colors are stunning and perfect for the inspiration!