Saturday, October 20, 2012

~True Colors~




Teens and Pre-teens have it tough nowadays, don't they?



Good gravy, not only are they bullied ... but NOW it spreads viral.




I had Cyndi Lauper's tribute as a teen.




 Boy, did this song oooze with therapy for me!






My girlies' generation have songs like Britt Nicole's "Headphones;"

she also sings encouragement into their souls(and mine for that matter).

Kids need to hear that they are awesome and accepted, you know?





I followed the maze of white from my favorite design in Basic Grey's Lauderdale pack~which left a cool and free result.


I fussy cut the kiss and sentiment "true colors"; then I embossed with my favorite embossing folder to press in the raw edges.


Placing the folder at an angle...I was careful to roll it through my Big Shot and spring back.  I did not follow through all the way, because it would have cracked a corner off of the folder.


Fantastic colors and a celebration at the






Wooo hooo! It's their 3Yr Anniversary!


Have a blessed day~



stamps: Verve Words of Wisdom
ink: Memento Ink Rhubarb Stalk
paper: Georgia Pacific white,Basic Grey Lauderdale
embossing folder: Cuttlebug Diamond Plate









13 comments:

Beate said...

That is so cool looking! Thank you so much for participating in the challenge.
Have a great weekend!
Hugs and smiles

Kim S said...

Perfectly dramatic! I LOVE it!

Unknown said...

This one really stood out when I scrolled through the PDCC links. It's perfect Marlena! I hated school because of the bullying and cliques, but I wasn't treated as horribly as so many children are these days...

Annette Allen said...

wow what an awesome design...love your take on the challenge..

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHH! This is gorgeous--LOVE the embossing and stamping! LOVE LOVE LOVE the colors! Again--GORGEOUS:)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

ps....I'm sad for kids these days! I cannot believe what they have to endure--I remember being made fun of as a kid, but nothing like what happens now. LOOOOOVE Britt Nicole's song Headphones:)

I hate to say this, but the way things are now in the world---makes me not want to have kids.

And I hate to say this--but parents also need to show affection and love and acceptance towards their kids. Unfortunately, I was abused emotionally, verbally, physically, and so much more in my OWN family. So sad!

THANKS for sharing and for spreading God's LOVE! <3

Emily Keaton said...

What a delightful design, Marlena! Great message, too. Thanks for the tip--I've never heard of Viva Decor Inka Gold! I'll have to keep an eye out for it. Thanks!

*Alison* said...

WOW! this is so cool.. I love the colors :) thanks for stopping by my blog.. hugs

Anne-Elise said...

Fab work, Marlena! Love the colors and the embossing! Have a great week!

Tracey said...

Oh Marlena...I LOVE this card... Such a cool design and technique. Fabulous message too! Thanks so much for joining us at Simon says Stamp and Show:)

~amy~ said...

Marlena, love this card and your post. Kids definitely have it so much harder than when I was younger...Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!

Lisa Elton said...

Beautiful card beautiful message thanks for sharing this Marlena!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Amazing color and design!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/