Tuesday, July 31, 2012

~Waltzingmouse Sketch and the Q~



My husband's birthday is coming up.


I ordered this sentiment awhile ago, because it TOUCHED MY HEART when I first read it.





AWWWW, right?










I used two fun borders from Heirloom Patterns.


The colors are from the




Hubby LOVES ORANGE...so I made sure there were lots of orangy pops.


I only had slivers of the green~enough to cut the top and bottom of the tag for a stacked feel.


The wee bittiest bit of pink (my husband already has three girls and a froufrou doggy... gotta take it easy ya know). ;)

The poppy is in the flower and highlight.


Simon Says Stamp and Show:What Do You Say?
is all about the sentiment.



 Thanks for stopping by today~




Here are the supplies:

Stamps: Waltzingmouse Heirloom Patterns,Verve Beautiful You
Ink:Tsukineko Memento Ink Angel Pink,Tangelo and Tuxedo Black
Paper:BoBunny Country Garden,Georgia Pacific White,Bazzill green and pink
Dies:Spellbinders Classic Circles,Sizzix tag
Punch:Martha Stewart goo
Other:Crop-A-Dile corner chomper,Copic red,stapler



23 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Oh yes, I let out a definite "awwww" when I read that sentiment. So touching!

Anonymous said...

Awwwww is right! So very sweet! The Simon Says Stamp & Show design team thanks you for participating in this week's challenge. - Ashli

Unknown said...

och yes, that's a lovely sentiment!! fabby zingy card! love the orange tag! Lucky hubby! thank you so much for playing along with us at Waltzingmouse Stamps!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card Marlena and I love that sentiment. Thank you so much for joining us this week at the colourQ.

Kim Heggins said...

Wonderful card and I love your paint dripping edge too, so creative.!

Annette Allen said...

aww this is so sweet...Perfect sentiment..

Kelly Griglione said...

Awwww, indeed! Love your sentiment!! How sweet : ) And you've got some great details in your card ... the staple, the tied paper, the double tag, the edging ... love it all!

Sylvia said...

Such a wonderful card, Marlena, I love the tag with the sentiment! Sweet design! Thanks for joining in the fun this week at the ColourQ and sharing your card.

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Marlena, your husband, will love the card. It is so special, very sweet and a guy card. Thanks for visiting and leaving the sweet luv. Hugs

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Such a sweet card. I can see why you wanted this sentiment!! Such a wonderful bd card for your dh!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Pauline said...

Wonderful Marlena, a great mix of stamps and colours!

Kara said...

Oh, I love this...especially the sentiment! How sweet!! So glad you joined us this week at the ColourQ!!

Connie Mercer said...

great style and loving the sentiment!!

Vickie Z said...

Love the borders and love the sentiment...perfect for hubby! Bright colors are perfect!

Anonymous said...

"Awww" is right!!
Esther

PatQ's Cards said...

Love the sentiment. Nice card.

Jeanne J. said...

What a sweet sentiment!! Fuzzy little wuzzy all stuffed with fluff!! Love your distressed stamping and how you repeated the orange houndstooth on the background as well as on the tag!

LeAnne said...

I love that sentiment too.....I think he will love it despite the little bit of pink in there! So glad you were able to play with the CQC this week!

Renee said...

I LOVE that quote!!
I have it pinned on my quote board on Pinterest...
one of my faves!!
And what a fabby take on the sketch!!
Your husband will love it...
and hope he has a wonderful day!!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at WMSC!! :)

Peanut said...

I see what you mean about the sentiment, Marlena I grew up with Winnie and gang. I confess to still having (and treasuring) the original books and the stuffed fluffy bear my parents bought over 40 years ago! Must admit - this card made me melt. Have a blessed day with your hubby.

Lisa Elton said...

I really like what you've done with the focal tag Marlena! WONDERFUL card and a simply delightful sentiment!

Made by M.E said...

I love the sentiment..so beautiful said...Do you know where I can get one? Thanks..XOXO

Jean said...

Lots of special details ~ LOVE the sentiment!