Thursday, January 12, 2012

~Hairdresser Rocks!~

My girlie got a new "do" yesterday!




You can see the difference in her walk and talk...she feels good about it. ;)


I made her a card to celebrate her new look.




(Unity Happiness Is sentiment,Unity Live-Laugh-Love Girl,Spellbinders Label Eleven,Spellbinders scalloped circles,Memento ink rich cocoa,Brilliance ink red,Piggy Tales DP,DCWV natural pack DP,Piggy Tales DP,Martha Stewart twine)


Such a fun image from Unity.


Challenges:


Unity Opportunity Color Challenge gave me the colors to work with.

Even though I didn't intend to leave off a section of the Spellbinders Label Eleven...I'm so glad I did.


I like the graphic look.



I paper pieced the patterned dress to make it look intentionally left off,

like she is posing in front of a partial poster.


I also used a die-Spellbinders scalloped circle- to create the card base.

Thanks for stopping by today-I always appreciate the visits. ;)

8 comments:

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Great card to celebrate a new look, very funky image x

Kathy Jones said...

How cute and I bet she loves it to go with the new 'do!! :)

Amy C said...

Pretty!! I ♥ the scallop shape.

Stephanie said...

Such a fun idea! Love the bright pink!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

This is super chic and trendy! LOVE! :)

Virginia L. said...

How fun is this! Love the shape you used for the image, Marlena!

JenMarie said...

Super cute and chic! Thanks for joining us in the IPPITY Challenge!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Marlena! Thanks for linking this up to the Die Cutting Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)