Thursday, August 4, 2011

A Doily at the Cafe

Our Daily Bread Designs' Stamping in Time 40 challenges you to use a doily!



I don't have those hanging around, unfortunately.


But, I DO have an embroidery machine that's been neglected for awhile.



It made me a doily. ;)





It's called FSL (free standing lace).  The machine sews it on water soluble stabilizer with whatever thread you choose.



The verse is from ODBD You Will Find Refuge.







I chose the pink to go with this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge PDCC93





Aren't these colors and inspirational photo gorgeous?



Thank you for stopping in today. ;)

Info:

Stamp: ODBD You Will Find Refuge
Ink: MS in,Versamark ink, clear embossing powder
Dies: Sizzix Bookplates oval, Sizzix Branch w/ Leaves,Sizzix/Stampin' Up Bigz Lattice (small pieces)
Embossing: Cuttlebug Embossing Allegro folder


12 comments:

Sara Mac said...

Oh my goodness how cool is that! I had no idea there was such a machine. You can tell I don't sew / embroider. I love what you've done here. The slanted ribbon adds visual interest.

Kristii said...

Soooo pretty!! I am amazed that you made the doily! Way cool!!!

Denise said...

The doily is AWESOME... serious WOW! Thanks so much for joining us at the Play Date Cafe this week!

Tracey said...

WOW oh WOW you made the doily!!! VERY impressive...it is soooo PRETTY and so is this card!!!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Play Date Cafe :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

What an OUTSTANDING idea, to use your neglected machine to make you a GORGEOUS doily! Wow! I am totally impressed. :) THanks for playing with us at THe Play Date Cafe!

Joan S. said...

I want that machine! LOL! That doily is super gorgeous...

Darcy said...

I can't believe you have a machine that will make that doily! So CUTE! Thanks for playing at the Cafe with us this week.

Lisa Elton said...

Very soft and pretty Marlena and might I add...a fabulous doily!

Michele Gross said...

Gorgeous! I love that you used the delicate side of these colors! Thank you for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Jinny Newlin said...

You, lucky girl, you! LOVE to have one of those just setting around! Such a beautiful doily and creation! Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Betty Wright said...

WOW! This is amazing! You have a machine that just automatically makes that beautifully detailed doily? WOW! Beautiful, Marlena! Wonderful scripture card! Thanks so much for playing ODBD Stamping In Time Challenge!

Anonymous said...

I like the colors and love the sentiment! Pretty!
Esther