Saturday, August 6, 2011

A Cheerful Thank You

I'm a wee bit down from my previous post.


I really wanted to acknowledge Abby the rat's condition (Amanda asked if I was going to let you know, since Abby was pictured on my very first post).


I thought doing it BEFORE she died would be easier for me.


It's still sad and painful.





One day I'll let Amanda read it, when she asks again.



But, for now, I thought a cheerful card to display would help.


It would cheer me up look at it, anyway.




Crafting and focusing on blessings is positive for me.



It's my coping mechanism.


We've got a wonderful youth pastor and his wife to thank.



They go over and beyond for our church's teens.


Recently they gave up their WHOLE DAY to take them to a theme park that was 3 hours away.



Good grief.



How many people you know would step up to do that?


I can barely stay awake the whole day AT HOME, let alone drive for 3 hours; spend the day at a theme park; drive back 3 hours.



I was thinking of the grownups that ENTIRE day.


I prayed for them, that God would give them strength. ;)


My two older girls got to go, and they had a blast.




It's not much, but it's the least I could do.





I was so excited to see the first two colors.






I had the butterfly frame sitting on the pink rectangle piece for a week or so.  
I really liked the combo and was hoping to use it soon!



The Sweet Stop's 120 sketch also made me hopeful. ;)










Thanks for stopping in to take a peek. ;)




Card Info:

Papertrey Ink's Think Big Favorites #2, Ellison's Backgrounds #1 by Stu Kilgour, Sizzix butterfly die, glitter paper, Memento Ink, Sizzix Branches and leaves die

8 comments:

Heather Rogers said...

A beautiful card. So sorry to hear about your daughter's rat. I think any animal is capable of being loved. I am sure she will miss her. Tell her to remember the good times and maybe a new animal in need would be a good idea. There are always so many sweet animals that need good loving homes. :)

Shannon White said...

Such a Lovely Sweet card! So sorry to hear about Abby.. So hard to loose our four legged family members.. They add so much to our lives with their gently spirits..

Big Hugs to you and your Daughter!

Shannon

Charlene Austin said...

Awwww poor little Abby. She's adorable. My neighbors girls have a gerbil and when I cat/gerbil/house watch I like watching him play and go about his business.

What an adorable card and thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog. Hugs to you and your daughter.

Jocelyn Olson said...

What a sweet card and beautiful colors. That was so nice of them to take them for the day. Hugs to you about Abby.

Cathymac said...

Our pets become so much a part of our family...so sorry to hear about Abby. On a cheerful note, your card is adorable! Love that glittery butterfly frame! Thanks for playing along with us at the Sweet Stop, Marlena!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a pretty card Marlena. The colors are lovely and that butterfly is perfect. Thanks for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week.

Pauline said...

A beautiful card, a wonderful thank you card. So sorry to hear about your pet rat.

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Crafting is great for the heart. I'm glad you are using it to cope with your loss of your pet. Your card is so sweet. Thanks for taking on Embellishes Coloring Color Trends Challenge!